Wednesday 14 December 2011

Evaluation...

What progress I have made from my preliminary task


One of the major things I have learned from making my preliminary movie was that having my actors speak loud and clearly enough for the camera misc to pick up. Another way I have progressed from my preliminary movie was to pick the right actors from the right parts. The character who gets his face slapped in my preliminary movie (John wilson), I found, was two quiet for the camera to pick up, so I gave him the roll of 'Slenderman' as it wasn't a talking part. However if I was to do it again I would chose a different actor to play the man who died, as well as the man who slapped John (Jack Stevenson) as I believe he couldn't act serious enough for the roll, as he kept on smirking, fortunately I have attempted to cut out most of his unfocused smirks and laughs, although it would be something I would avoid if I was to do it again.

John  (as Slenderman)
John Wilson











Jack as himself
Jack Stevenson













One last thing I believe I have made progress in, is my lighting, in my preliminary movie the lighting in it makes it so that it is hard to make out my characters, also it changes from scene to scene. However in my main movie, I have concentrated to make my lighting as natural,and similar as possible. (please see preliminary movie above and 'Final movie draft' or    DVD of 'The Slender Man')



No comments:

Post a Comment